As summer is quickly approaching, our schedules are filling up with weddings, graduations, and work deadlines. We get so wrapped up in the day to day taking care of kids and work tasks that we often forget to take care of ourselves. Here at Earth Glamour, we know how important it is to practice self-care on a regular basis.
We have five self-care tips for you to accomplish a more zen state of mind:
- Pamper yourself: You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars at a spa. Opt for a home-spa by taking a long bath infused with epsom salt and lavender. After your bath take the time to do your nails. Our soy-based, all natural nail polish remover will leave your nails polished and ready for a fresh coat of nail polish.
- Do something for you: Treat yourself to your favorite latte, a new book, or take yourself out for lunch. Whatever it is, take the time to do something nice for you!
- Disconnect: We spend so much time in front of computers and looking at our phones, it is hard to disconnect. It is super important for your overall health to disconnect in the evening, it will help you transition from work to home life. If you are an avid computer/phone user till bed, try disconnecting an hour before bed and gradually disconnect more and more over the weeks until you get to a place that is the right balance for you.
- Go outside: As kids, we spent hours outside riding our bikes and playing in the grass. As adults, the time we spend outside is walking to our car, into work, and the grocery store. Take an evening walk after dinner, or schedule some time at a local beach or lake to catch some vitamin D.
- Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is all about being in the moment and fully present. To practice mindfulness, when washing the dishes notice how the sponge feels in your hand, the smell of the soap, and the sound the water makes while moving over the pots and pans. Do this for five minutes; it will help center and relax you after a long day.
How do you practice self-care? We would love to know in the comments!